Military Titles for the University of Medicine Students
CHISINAU, September 8, 2011 — The Chief of Main Staff, National Army Commander, Brigadier Gen. Iurie Dominic, awarded Thursday, September 8, the epaulets of lieutenant to a group of students of Nicolae Testemitanu University of Medicine and Pharmacy within a special ceremony held at the university’s headquarters.
The 15 interns that were awarded the title of “doctor lieutenant” are graduates of the full medical military training course within the military medical department of USMF “Nicolae Testemitanu”.
The National Army Commander told the students they would be always welcome to military units and medical institutions of the army after graduation, for the army needs to have skillful doctors. Moreover, they will be provided with all the necessary equipment and rooms.
Other six representatives of the institutions such as deans, lecturers, deputy rectors were promoted. Four members of the Department of Military and Extreme Medicine were awarded military medals.
According to the Deputy Rector of Education and Social Protection, Emil Ceban, military medals and promotions are very important for the teaching staff of Nicolae Testemitanu University, for this is proves our efforts are highly appreciated by the National Army leadership. Although they are reserve officers, they are always leaders in life, along with the active-duty servicemen, wherever their help is required.
The full training course of the Department of the Military and Extreme Medicine last for one year. The course focuses on the issues of sanitary management within campaigns, medical military supply process, campaign surgery, campaign therapy, military hygiene, military dentistry. At the end of the course, the students pass a general exam in military medicine. Then, they are awarded the title of “doctor lieutenant”.
The Department of Military and Extreme Medicine of Nicolae Testemitanu University of Medicine and Pharmacy was founded in November 1945. In 1991, the Department ceased working. In a year, it opened again through the Republic of Moldova Government decision as of April 14, 1992.